Monday, June 27, 2011

Words Spoken...

I’ve always heard that words spoken aloud can never be recalled, that they hold great power and can both heal and destroy. James 3 expounds on the dangers of the tongue and its power.

In the last few months, different experiences have confirmed the fact that speaking truth over someone is a powerful tool.

A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver. (Proverbs 25:11)

***When it was time to say our goodbyes, everyone mingled around saying thank you's and giving hugs. Mr. R. came up to me, took my hand, looked me in the eye and said “Young lady, God has his hand on you.” Surprise and doubte, then a sense of joy ran over me. I walked away feeling honored. I wondered if I had just seen a hint of the smile of Abba on my life. This man didn’t really know me, I’d only known him for 3 days. Yet, maybe he saw what I missed in the midst of my self-focused doubt and performance based strivings: God takes joy in me as His child and is holding me in His hand.***

***As we bowed our heads, this wise woman brought me before the throne of God. My heart knew that words I longed to say were being spoken. Spoken by someone who is walking in assurance of the Lord’s presence and attentiveness to His children. Tears spilled out of my eyes… It was almost like she was carrying me along. Hearing her words of faith and trust toward God was like a lifeline to my faltering soul.***

If you ever get the opportunity to bless someone with words. Do it. It means more than you can imagine.

Dear Father,

I want to speak truth over the lives around me.

Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment